To unleash the full potential of teenage girls to make wise decisions as they stand on principles, passion and purpose.
- Research indicates 40% of high school students are sexually active, with most becoming active at age 17.
- 10% of sexually active teens have sex with at least four different partners during their teenage years.
- It is estimated that about 40% of births in the U.S. occur outside of marriage.
- 70% percent of African American children are born to single women.
EWOE helps girls evaluate, prepare, and set goals for relationships, sexual behaviors, family formation, and future economic stability.
Since 2002, Elite Women of Excellence (EWOE) has mentored approximately 1,500 girls from 12 metro Atlanta counties. During that time, we’ve seen the following:
- A 100-point average increase in SAT test scores for students completing the EWOE prep course.
- 85% go on to college or other advanced education.
- 77% of EWOE Senior Elite alumnae have earned college degrees (many as first-generation graduates) and 10% have received advanced degrees: Masters, Doctorate, or Medical.
- 91% of EWOE’s Senior Elite participants commit to remain sexually abstinent until married—with most choosing their dads or another significant male supporter to serve as their accountability partner.
- 96% of the EWOE alumnae with children are married.
- Many personal decisions to be Christ-followers!*
Long term, we anticipate our future alumnae will continue to experience healthy and strong family relationships, wise dating decisions, and job and financial stability.
*All EWOE data effective July 1, 2020
EWOE is a volunteer-led organization with 50–100 dedicated volunteers donating time and talents each year as workshop facilitators, mentors, event committee members, etc. EWOE volunteers are supported by a small, dedicated team of professional staff.
Lisa A. Smith, Executive Director
With strong gifts of encouragement and service, plus a desire to encourage and counsel teenage girls, Lisa gained a vision for Elite Women of Excellence as she educated her two daughters in the importance of modesty, purity, and stewardship. As executive director, she is active in developing strategic initiatives and oversees the management and overall direction of the organization. Lisa is a member of Orchard Resources Board of Directors and in 2017 awarded the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter Torch Award for Educational Development.
Lisa is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management from Kennesaw State University where she graduated cum laude. She and her husband, Larry, have three adult children.
Faith Jefferson, Program Manager
Leslie Millett, Operations Analyst
- Kim Dawsonia Ashford, The Home Depot, Chairperson
- Tracey Ledbetter, Eversheds Sutherland, Vice-Chair and Treasurer
- Karen Hardy, Warner Media, Secretary
- DeLee Eden, Community Volunteer
- Suzanne Guy, Children’s Advocate
- Verna Welch, Pfizer Inc.
- Lisa Smith, Elite Women of Excellence
Advisory Board Members
- Rock Anderson, Jr. – AutoNation, Senior Vice President, Human Resources/Chief People Officer
- Glenn Austin, Jr. – Fannie Mae, Sr. Vice President (Retired)
- Glen Jackson – Jackson Spalding, Co-Founder, Author, Communicator
- Lynn Olmert – McAngus Goudelock & Courie, Attorney, Partner
- Rachael Phipps – Chick-fil-A, Inc., Privacy Program Manager
- Sheryl Sellaway – Righteous PR, Chief Strategist, Author
- Larry Smith, Sr. – Ronald Blue Trust, Director, Information Technology
- Dwan White – House of Cheatham, Vice President of Global Marketing & Product Development
- Tonya Wilson – AFC Consulting Group, Organizational Effectiveness Strategist