Elite Women of Excellence: Privacy Notice
Effective Date: June 4, 2020
Elite Women of Excellence, Inc. (“EWOE” or “we”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on our website (the “Site”), how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information You Provide to Us
The types of personal information you may provide to us when you visit our Site may include:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number and email address)
- Background and family information (such as date of birth and information about guardians and other family members of participants)
- Education information (such as school name and grade level)
- Payment information, such as payment card number, security code, expiration date and billing address, which is collected and processed by our third-party payment processor
- Information used to create your online account and other account-related information (such as username and password)
- Social media information, such as social media handles and other data shared with us through third-party social media features that you use on our Site
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through forms, applications and features on the Site
Automated Collection of Information
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files that websites send to your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Provide and administer our Site, services and programs to you
- Administer your participation in surveys, promotions or other programs
- Send you communications about our organization, programs and events
- Process payments and donations
- Verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities
- Operate, evaluate and improve our organization (such as managing the Site; enhancing and improving our services and programs; managing our communications; analyzing our services and programs; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Maintain the safety and security of our services, data and systems, participants, employees and others
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Site, such as Google Analytics. These analytics providers use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyze your use of the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of our site and services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Information We Share
We may share personal information we collect on the Site at your request. For example, if you make an online donation, with your permission we may identify you as the person who made the donation.
We may also share your personal information with our affiliates and partner organizations for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In addition, we may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except to provide their services to us or comply with legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we transfer all or a portion of our organization or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Links to Non-EWOE Websites and Services
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to or plug-ins of non-EWOE websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with EWOE. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy policies of those parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-EWOE websites, apps or services.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our Site.
How to Contact Us
ou can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Privacy Notice by contacting email@example.com or 678-995-3332, or writing to us at:
Elite Women of Excellence, Inc.
P.O. Box 813383
Smyrna, GA 30081